Canadian Music Competition-Canimex is very proud to announce the winners of the 2016 Stepping Stone.
- 1st Prize: David Dias Da Silva - Clarinet - Montréal, QC
- First Prize Canimex Group: $10,000
- Invitation to perform at the 2016 CMC’s Gala Concert with the Orchestre symphonique de Drummondville, on July 5, 2016, at Maison des arts Desjardins
- 2nd Prize: Jeanne Amièle - piano - Montréal, QC
- Second Prize UL Mutual: $5,000
- 3rd Prize: Justin Joon Kee Min - piano - Richmond Hill, QC
- Third Prize Pianos Bolduc Montréal: $2,500
The other finalists, Marie Bégin, Félix Hong and Nicole Linakista each won a $1,000 scholarship, one of which offered by Canadian Tire of Drummondville.
Additional prizes for recipients of the first three places:
- $5,000 career support scholarship offered by the Jeunesses Musicales Canada Foundation
- Three-week residency at Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity in 2017
- Guest soloist in 2017-18 concert series of the Chapelle historique du Bon-Pasteur
We wish to sincerely thank Canimex, major sponsor of the 2016 Stepping Stone and Canadian Music Competition-Canimex, and its president, Mr. Roger Dubois, for their immense generosity.
A big thanks to Pianos Bolduc Montréal for the piano loaned to the Stepping Stone. Sincere thanks also to the Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity and Chapelle historique du Bon-Pasteur.
We also wish to thank the judges of the 2016 Stepping Stone for their kindness and generosity: Christian Delafontaine, Laurence Kayaleh, JoAnn Kulesza, Andrew J. Kwan and Roger Lord.