Since 2017, registration fees for the Canadian Music Competitions (CMC) have been standardized and are the same all across Canada. In order to normalize the registration costs, the extra fees have been abolished.
A number of chapters may offer financial support to encourage participation of candidates in their region. Chapters contribute to the exposure of the candidates in their region by providing scholarships. For more information regarding financial assistance, contact your chapter representative. Each province or chapter is completely autonomous regarding scholarships.
- Registration fees: $300
- Participation fees:
Payable upon admission to the Stepping Stone official competition.
- Suggested donation: $200
The CMC hopes for a contribution of $500 per candidate. This amount includes the registration fee ($300) and a suggested donation of $200 (at the discretion of the candidate) for which an income tax receipt will be emitted by the Canadian Music Competition*.
Registered charitable organization number: 891629396RR0001
- Repertoire modification fee: $30
- Cancellation fee: $50
Registration fees for cancellations received before can be reimbursed. There is a cancellation fee of $50 and the donation part is not refundable. There are no refund past this date (rule 4.2).
- NSF cheque fee: $15
* The actual cost of a candidate participating in the CMC is well above the registration fees charged; it represents a minimum cost of $1,000 per candidate. We hope that candidates who can afford it will contribute 50% of this amount; however, the donation part is considered to be at the discretion of the candidate.
- Registration form must be submitted before , 11:59 p.m., local time.
- Documents to submit via Dropbox upon registration:
- Proof of age. The following documents are accepted: birth certificate, passport, health insurance card, driver’s licence, citizenship certificate or permanent resident card.
- Headshot photo in high resolution (300 dpi).
- Consent form regarding the use of image (download the form).
- Permanent residents must provide valid proof upon registration (scan or clear picture of the permanent resident card and/or certificate).
- Foreign students must provide valid proof upon registration (scan or clear picture of study permit).
- Payment of registration fees before , 11:59 p.m., local time. Payment methods accepted: PayPal, cheque, or money order
- A confirmation email is sent once the form is received by the CMC.
- It is up to the candidate to make sure that all documents are received before the deadline.