The Stepping Stone is breaking new ground as of 2017, distinguishing itself from other competitions by integrating jury-based candidate Preselection within the National Audition held in each region, in parallel to the regular Competition. The Stepping Stone and the Canadian Music Competition have standardized their fees and they are now identical across Canada.
- The CMC hopes for a contribution of $500 per candidate. This amount includes the registration
fee ($300) and a suggested donation of $200 (at the discretion of the candidate) for which an
income tax receipt will be emitted by the Canadian Music Competition*.
Registered charitable organization number: 891629396RR0001
- Repertoire modification fee: $30
- Cancellation fee: $50
Registration fees for cancellations received before can be reimbursed. There is a cancellation fee of $50 and the donation part is not refundable. There are no refund past this date (rule 4.2).
- NSF cheque fee: $15
* The actual cost of a candidate participating in the Competition and the Stepping Stone is well above the registration fees charged; it represents a minimum cost of $1,000 per candidate. We hope that candidates who can afford it will contribute 50% of this amount, however, the donation part is considered to be at the discretion of the candidate.
- The registration form must be submitted before , 11:59 p.m., local time.
- Documents to submit via Dropbox upon registration (rule 5)
- Payment of registration fees before , 11:59 p.m., local time. Payment methods accepted: PayPal, cheque, or money order
- A confirmation email is sent once the form is received by the CMC.
- It is up to the candidate to make sure that all documents are received before the deadline.