The registration period is generally open from mid-October to mid-November each year
You may register for more than one component
Registrations for 2022 will take place from October 18th to November 22nd, 2021
INFORMATION ON FINANCIAL SUPPORT
Chapters that help further their candidates’ exposure may offer financial support in the form of grants to encourage the participation of a greater number of candidates in their regions. To find out if grants are available in your region, please contact your chapter representative. Each chapter or province is completely autonomous as far as grant policy is concerned. For information regarding your region, see our list of chapters here
Registration fees: $300
Includes fees for the Acceptd platform (15 USD).
Suggested donation: $200
The CMC hopes for a contribution of $500 per candidate. This amount includes the registration fee ($300) and a suggested donation of $200 (at the discretion of the candidate) for which an income tax receipt will be emitted by the Canadian Music Competition. Your donation has a direct impact on the organisation of the Competition as well as the support of emerging Canadian talent.
Registered charitable organization number: 891629396RR0001
Repertoire modification fee: $30
Cancellation fee: $50
Registration fees for cancellations received before January 27, 2022 can be reimbursed. There is a cancellation fee of $50 and the donation portion is not refundable. No refunds will be given past this date (rule 4.2).
NSF cheque fee: $15
The registration form must be completed via Acceptd before November 22nd, 2021, 11:59 p.m., local time.
- Proof of age. The following documents are accepted: birth certificate, passport, health insurance card, driver’s licence, citizenship certificate or permanent resident card.
- Headshot photo in high resolution (300 dpi).
- Consent form regarding the use of image (download the form).
- Permanent residents must provide valid proof upon registration (scan or clear picture of the permanent resident card and/or certificate).
- Foreign students registered as part of a Chamber Music ensemble and/or for Piano 4 Hands/Duo-Piano must provide valid proof upon registration (scan or clear picture of the study permit) (rule 1.2).
- A digital copy of each score (rule 8.1 and 8.2)
Payment must be completed upon reception of the invoice. Payment methods accepted: Square or cheque.
A confirmation email is sent once the form is received by the CMC. For any questions, contact the National Office.
It is up to the candidate to make sure that all documents are received before the deadline.